About Our Program to End Encopresis:
- Stop fault-finding and forget blaming and shaming.
- Take charge, you are the parent and the adult in the room!
- Expect drama, tears, and fierce resistance. Be strong and determined.
- Suppositories and enemas are safe and on the shelves of your pharmacy.
- They provide immediate voiding urges and a rapid emptying reflex providing relief.
- They produce large wave contractions to expel the stool. He/she will fight them and experience painful cramps until he/she “lets” it go.
- He learns “letting go” and becomes less fearful as he learns that he feels better.
- Notice please, we are not urging your child to “push,” but to “let go!”
- You will become his/her hero for knowing best.
- Early soil-free days will seem like a miracle, but you must continue our Soiling Solutions protocol until you get independent and trustworthy self-initiation.
Your physician’s role in assisting you with the encopresis protocol:
- I would prefer that you are monitored and have available to you a local physician to be your partner in treating encopresis.
- On his/her request I will be happy to provide a free exam copy of the CKM that is restricted to his or his staff’s use.
- The majority of parents find the manual and SS Parent Forum peers are sufficient for treating encopresis with the physician in a stand-by or occasional office visit monitoring role.